Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Music? ...Or Old?

I somehow found myself internet wandering this eve and ran across a band called Parachutes that sounds very Sigur Rós-ish.  Maybe part of that is due to the fact that they're from Reykjavik... but in any case they might be worth a listen. Theeeen... I got pointed in the direction of Iceland, and found this cool blog on Iceland's music scene.  ...where the Icelandic Song of the Week was "Under The Influence of My Bloody Valentine" by bob; their songs on MySpace totally remind me of Benji (interesting changes, interesting rhythms, interesting chord dissonances): (You can download that track here for free.) A nice night of discoveries.  Too bad iTunes is all jacked for me now; ruins my end-the-night-on-a-good-note note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sir,

Parachutes actually features Jónsi (from Sigur Rós)'s boyfriend. So he prob'ly has easy access to Sigur Rós' stuff.

Check out more on Icelandic Music at http://www.icelandmusic.is

Ta,

HSM

turboladen said...

Oh wow, I had no idea! Thanks for the heads up, HSM. I gave them a bit more of a listen and am really digging their stuff. I guess there must be some perks from dating a member of Sigur Rós... :-) Very cool.