Friday, June 20, 2008

Blue Veins - The Raconteurs

A couple weeks ago, Scotty turned me on to The Raconteurs (w/Cat Power) on Austin City Limits 2006 show that was on PBS in HD. I'd never really been a huge fan of The White Stripes (probably as a result of not really listening to them much), and hadn't heard anything really of The Raconteurs since their first album--and even then, it was maybe one track, one time. Decent, I thought. Holy merde though. I hadn't expected to be so impressed--which is probably partially why I was so impressed. Totally money. They did a few tracks which were good (I think off of "Broken Boy Soldiers"); the cover of "Bang Bang" was freaking great; and then this tune--"Blue Veins". I'll let it speak for itself, but man did I dig it. I couldn't stop flashing back to Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Lovin' You", which just so happens to be one of my favorite tunes, period. Check it...

No comments: