Friday, June 20, 2008

Led Zeppelin: Since I've Been Loving You (BBC Sessions)

Well, I don't have the original track on my laptop for some reason, but found this awesome recording of the track recorded for their BBC Sessions album. This is what that Raconteurs song reminds me of--and once again, I friggen love it. I'd never heard this recording of this tune, and damn it's yummy. Bonham gets a little silly with the double kicks and the like, but does some real tasteful stuff here--super awesome. (Funny how I always drool over Bonham's drumming before anything else, when I don't even play)  The hint to the culmination @ ~4:55 is soooo niiice--totally one-up's the studio version.  And what a nice sound they get from whatever room they were in when they recorded this... Bastards. Oh, sorry about the funky slideshow--I really wanted to find a music-only version online somewhere, but no juice.

No comments: