Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm finally going to a show

screen-capture.png I'm not quite sure, but I think the last big-name show that I went to was when I saw Radiohead at The Shoreline, back on their Hail To The Thief tour (geez, was that really 5 years ago?), with my good friend Doug (was that a 12er of Bass that we "quenched our thirst" with in the parking lot beforehand?).  In any case, Sigur Rós should be a good way to break that streak; I'm excited to see what kind of presence they bring in a live setting. Althoooough... Peter sent me a link to NPR interviewing them, and I have to say that it evoked some interesting emotions, that might have changed my opinion of them.  Sometimes ignorance really is bliss when it comes to my perception of bands and their music (one reason why I've usually stayed away from watching music videos--well, back when MTV actually had music videos on).  Here's that interview:

2 comments:

Ben and Alli said...

They totally come of as uncaring (even though some of the questions were quite shite) but it's funny when they talk about how there is no meaning to the songs and lyrics. He just sings. Interesting. It makes me want to go out and buy a record when the lead singer says its all just blah, blah, blah. But then again, who am I to judge. I forgot lyrics on stage all of the time. Maybe he has the same problem and just said "Let's ditch the words so I don't ever F up."

Ben

turboladen said...

Dude, totally. I always thought gibberish was cool (seriously). It lets you say stuff without saying it! But you know, the Sigur Ros dude still says the same gibberish each time--maybe your way is more "experimental"... ;-)